We all love a good wet wipe.
They are versatile and practical for cleaning multiple types of messes which makes them fantastic for use with babies and a must in your travel arsenal. If you are making the switch from traditional disposable wet wipes to cloth re-usable then you are not only helping the environment but also your little one's bum! Along with being a burden on the landfill situation, do you really know what you are putting on your skin when you use a disposable wipe?
Being a certified health coach and living with allergies, I want to know what I am using and that its good for me and my family.
Well, we have recipe that can make the switch re-usable much more comforting as you will know EXACTLY what is going into the mix. You'll be able to swish away the messes, keep nappy rash to a minimum, and allergies at bay with this natural DIY wipe concoction. Couple this with a jar and some of our beautifully soft cloth wipes and you've got yourself a nourishing mess terminator good for travelling with.
What you'll need...
- 1 standard sized mason jar with a lid
- Re-usable cloth wipes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil fractionated or cold pressed coconut oil
- Hot water (enough to fill the jar and make the wipes wet)
- A bowl for mixing water and oils
- Optional: 20-40 drops of your favourite essential oil (for baby wipes use oils that are ok for babies and sensitive skin)
- Optional - 1 teaspoon of castile soap
- Place the wipes in the jar ensuring that you can close the lid, pack them tight.
- In a separate bowl add the coconut oil, hot water (estimate what you will need for the jar or fill the empty jar with hot water first and then tip it into the bowl, adding the wipes after), essential oils and castile soap (optional). Mix well. Then pour the mixture over the wipes in the jar, slowly, allowing them time to absorb the liquid.
Allow them to cool and then lid. Voila, you have your very own wet wipes!
Oils we recommend;
🥰 Face | Frankincense, Geranium, Rose
👶 Babies | Lavender, Chamomile
✈ Travel/sanitiser | Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Lavender etc.
Mix all of the ingredients into your jar and add re-usable cloth wipes. Replace lid and shake to incorporate into your wipes.
Now, be free my nature warriors and clean those bums and faces!